Monday, November 24, 2008

Yakkity Yak

David received a parrot for a gift, just before Thanksgiving Day. This parrot was fully-grown with a bad attitude and terrible vocabulary. Every other word was an expletive. Those that weren't expletives were, to say the least, rude.

David tried hard to change the bird's attitude. He was constantly saying polite words and playing soft music; he did anything he could think of. Nothing worked. When he yelled at the bird, the bird got worse. If he shook the bird, the bird got madder and ruder. Finally in a moment of desperation, David put the parrot in the freezer.

For a few moments he heard the bird squawking, kicking and screaming and then suddenly, there was quiet. David was frightened that he might have actually hurt the bird and quickly opened the freezer door.

The parrot calmly stepped out onto David's extended arm and said: "I'm sorry that I might have offended you with my language and actions, so I ask for your forgiveness. I will endeavor to correct my behavior."

David was astounded at the bird's change in attitude and was about to ask what had changed him...when the parrot continued: "May I ask what the turkey did?"

author unkown

2 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! I got this in my email the other day. I was planning to post it on Thursday, so don't think I'm copying you, ok???

=)

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

a good one!