Friday, November 7, 2008

Tag Challenge

The theme for the challenge this week at Tag You're It is, "Tic Toc". We were to create a tag using a theme that has anything to do with time, clocks, watches, etc.

For some reason the theme instantly brought to mind one of my favorite poems, "The Children's Hour" by Longfellow.

Dawn at Crafty Ramblings chose the theme this week!

Thank you for taking a peek at it! Have a great weekend everyone!

I noticed after I posted this (and made it uber-huge by clicking on it) that I forgot to credit the author on the tag! I will be fixing it!



Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

The Children’s Hour

Between the dark and the daylight,
When the night is beginning to lower,
Comes a pause in the day’s occupations
That is known as the Children’s Hour.

I hear the clamber above me,
The patter of little feet,
The sound of a door that is opened,
And voices soft and sweet

From my study I see in the lamplight,
Descending the broad hall stair,
Grave Alice, and laughing Allegra,
And Edith with golden hair.

A whisper, and then a silence:
Yet I know by their merry eyes
They are plotting and planning together
To take me by surprise.

A sudden rush from the stairway,
A sudden raid from the hall!
By three doors left unguarded
They enter my castle wall!

They climb up into my turret
O’er the arms and back of my chair;
If I try to escape, they surround me;
They seem to be everywhere.

They almost devour me with kisses,
Their arms about me entwine,
Till I think of the Bishop of Bingen
In his Mouse-Tower on the Rhine!

Do you think, O blue-eyed banditti,
Because you have scaled the wall,
Such an old mustache as I am
Is not a match for you all!

I have you fast in my fortress,
And will not let you depart,
But put you down into the dungeon
In the round-tower of my heart.

And there will I keep you forever,
Yes, forever and a day,
Till the walls shall crumble to ruin,
And moulder in dust away!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

This is so nice! Thanks for the memories...from so long ago.

Dawn said...

Cassie such a wonderful joyful image - beautiful soft colours too!
Thanks for joining us this week and good luck in the prize draw!

Dawn

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful tag Cassie and what a wonderful imae and beautiful poem - thanks for joining us at TYI this week
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

Sarah said...

A gorgeous tag! - and I really enjoyed reading the poem too!

Carol Plume said...

what a lovely shaped tag - love the poem too...thank you for joining us on TYI this week.....

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

your tag is gorgeous,
what a beautiful image


Emma xxx

Charmingdesigns said...

It was pretty funny. All the young'ns were singing to Taylor and the oldies to Led. I thought they all did pretty well together.lol. Thanks for commenting. Laurie

Aleta said...

Hi Cassie! I wanted to leave a comment to let you know that you won the GiveAway Bracelet at my site!

Queenie Jeannie said...

That was lovely! Thank you!!!

Sam said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this!! Fantastic interpretation of the theme ... and what a great poem! Thanks so much for playing along this week :)

Anonymous said...

A beautiful tag, and I love that poem! TFS! xx :0)