Thursday, November 6, 2008

What Time Is It?

This blog sure has kept me busy! All I do is read other blogs!! I decided since I haven't posted anything in a few days, (and have not worked on any crafts, or cooking or anything!), that I would post a quick little note about my own personal Bah-Hum-Bug! Usually by this time of year, I am INFECTED with the holiday spirit! I mean, listening to Christmas music, watching all of my holiday movies, filling the house with pine scented candles....you know the drill! But I'm just not into it! One of my favorite holiday movies was on television last night, and I skipped right over it with a siiiiighhhh. I'm just not ready for this...



... or this...



And certainly not this...



... or this...



What I think I really want, is to eat a piece of pumpkin pie everyday until Thanksgiving! I know some believe that to celebrate Christmas before Thanksgiving is wrong. I don't really usually "celebrate" it that early, I just like the "warm fuzzies" that comes with it all. Maybe this weekend, I will throw some pine needles in the simmer pot, and crank up some Christmas music. Maybe that will get me going! Some people have snow at home already. I have to wonder if this has given them the Christmas bug......hmmm.....

4 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Hi there!

I like to enjoy the holidays in due time. I believe the RETAILERS have got us all chasing our tails all year long.

I refuse!

I enjoyed Halloween, and I will wait and enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas in their due time as well. I DO like the "autumn flavor" though. I like to gradually move into it...more candles, pinecones on my dining table, switch the burgundy tablecloth, cinnamon tea, etc.

And Christmas Story, Muppets Christmas Carol and Elf are mandatory at our house all through December!! "You'll shoot your eye out!!!!" Good stuff.

SuZ said...

I refuse to skip Thanksgiving and I agree that we all should eat a slice of pumpkin pie everyday until it. :) :) :)

Michele Kovack said...

I do wait until after Thanksgiving....but literally it is the next day I am cranking up the Christmas music, putting up the tree......

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

You have such a pretty blog!!! Love the pictures and the poetry. I'll be back!