Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good News This Morning!

Why oh why does it take me forever to complete a post!! I thought I would start with that, and get it out of the way. I'm just not very fast at this stuff! So... I have some awesome, good news to share with everyone (doing a little happy dance here). I am the lucky winner of one BEEEAUTIFUL bracelet crafted by Aleta over at Fleur de Aleta! Woo Hoo! I left a comment over there stating that I had never won anything in my life, and I thought that was true, until I spoke to my Mom and told her the good news! So I thought I had better clear up my faux pas!

Apparently when I was only 4 years old, I attended a Christmas party for my brothers' Cub Scout pack. There was a drawing, and (according to my Mother) I won a fabulous espresso machine. When I was four. I don't remember winning that machine, but I do remember it sitting on our kitchen counter taking up TONS of space! From what my Mother tells me, (since I didn't seem to excited about the ginormous metal machine) they let me choose a "prize" also. I chose this plasticky, glittery, el-cheapo nativity scene. Which I totally remember, and I totally loved it! And I totally still have it! So... I didn't mean to fib about not winning anything, but can you blame me for forgetting it!? I don't consider the Nativity scene a prize that I won, I always remembered it as a gift!

These are a few "girly" Christmas tags I made over the weekend. I thought they would be cute for my nieces.


Have a good week everyone!

8 comments:

Picket said...

Hello friend...congrats on winning that gorgeous gift...even if it wasn't your 'first' win! lol Beautiful little gift tags...thanks so much for coming by and I hope you have a beautiful week!

Aleta said...

Lol, I still consider it a first when from a blogger, how about that? You made me smile! Love the tags, by the way. What a neat idea!

Michelle said...

Super cute tags.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Yes! Congrats, Cassie! Good job! :-)

Lisa'sLettersandLace said...

Great colors. Fun blog. I found you on Charming Designs. Lisa

LADY JANE said...

Cassie...so glad you stopped in at my blog! Together we will conquer this new blog stuff..although you have the jump on me,your blog looks great!
We love ST. John so much.....when you go where do you stay? We love to stay right at the point as you get off the ferry!I can't remember the name of the place but it it where Ellingtons resturant is! I see you too are from Illinois...lots in common....hope you will stop in my blog again...and hey LUCKY you...a new blogger and already won a prize! I just got home with my new camera and am going to take some pictures of the lil snowman candlestick I won!

Sally said...

Love the trees - such great shapes, definitely girly colours!

Dawn said...

Oooh these are scrumptious!