Monday, December 8, 2008

Cinema Saturday Challenge: Sound Of Music

The movie theme for the challenge this week over at Cinema Saturday is "The Sound Of Music". I was excited about this one, as it is my favorite musical of all time! I remember the first time that I saw it as a little girl, and I had (have) such a crush on Captain Von Trapp! Years later in High School Choir, we did the play for our Spring Operetta. I played a nun!

"Edelweiss" is my favorite song from the movie. I collect musical snow globes and wanted one that played this song. I searched for years, and to my surprise, had a difficult time finding one. Finally I found a company that let you choose the music for your globe, and they had "Edelweiss". In my opinion, it is not the prettiest of my snow globes, but it is my favorite.


This is my favorite scene from the movie. To see the video of this scene go to the bottom of this post. Much to his children's surprise, Captain Von Trapp sings them this song after he hears them singing "The Sound Of Music" to his guests and thanks Maria for bringing music back into their home. Maria looks on, and at the end of the song their eyes meet! Aw, so romantic! I used Liesl's dress as my color inspiration, and did my own version of the flower, Edelweiss. The top of the torn paper on my card, is supposed to represent the mountains that the Edelweiss flower grows on.

The card came out blurry on the scanner. I think because the button on the flower sticks out from the card so much. As I've said before, my camera went to the Happy Hunting Grounds on Thanksgiving. I now have it laying in little pieces all over the kitchen table, and cannot figure out how to put it back together! I think I will have to take it to the doctor. Thank you for looking, and don't forget to watch this video. Unfortunately whoever created it, cut off the part at the end when their eyes meet-grrrrr!



12 comments:

The Tildy Spot said...

Also one of my favorite songs from the movie. My absolute favorite is "I Have Confidence". Pretty card!

Picket said...

Beautiful card girl...would you believe I have never seen that movie....hey no throwing stuff at a fellow blogger! lol lol Thanks for coming by...hope you have a great night girl!

Shannon said...

Such a pretty card! I love this movie!

Ann said...

Such a great inspiration, and a beautiful card to match! :D

cherry said...

My son and I were just saying that we need to watch this again...we watch it every year between Thanks. and Christmas. It is one of my all time fave movies. Very cool inspiration. cherry

Unknown said...

Can you believe it? I cried just watching the video. Thanks for this post!
Lynn

Kathryn said...

Such a pretty card!!-- the song is so lovely -- I cry when he sings it -- Love it so much! :)

Sherri said...

How pretty!!!

La Pixie said...

that is my absolute FAVORITE song in the movie. I used to have a small music box that played it, and I would sit there and just let tears come, the song is so beautiful!

Sankari W. said...

Ohh Cassie - this is just beautiful!! I love this song - and I love the sweet Edelweiss flower that you have created - what a great embellishment - with a beautiful sentiment - with the wonderful mountains!!! and that video - I had to watch it twice - i just love his singing and if I close my eyes and listen - i can remember my cousin's couch where i would sit and she would sing this song to me - it is such a beautiful song - and you have created just a beautiful piece of art!!

thank you so much for playing along in our weekly challenges - its awesome to see your cinema inspired card!!!

sending you a load of happy wishes ,
sankari :)

The Muse said...

Your card art is getting so much more detailed...sorry about the scanner...but i can tell that you are definitely feeling more confident!

So you collect snow globes? Wow I bet you have some lovely ones ! :)

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite songs too! Thank you for sharing the video and your thougths. You have a lovely blog!!

Fondly,

~Unfurling Flower~