Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge: Miracle On 34th Street

I found a blog last week, that is new to me. It is Cinema Saturday Creative Challenge. Every Saturday they post a new movie to use as inspiration for a card challenge. This weeks movie is Miracle On 34th Street. I just adore that movie, and have wanted to make a card for some time now! This is the FIRST CARD I have EVER made! Well, the first one that is not made with finger paints and a child's imagination anyway!

My favorite scene in the movie is when Susan witnesses Kris speaking to the Dutch girl in her native tongue and sings a song with her about "SinterKlaas". This is the moment that Susan begins to remove doubt that Kris is the real Santa Claus. That was my inspiration for my card. My digital camera died a slow, painless death on Thanksgiving, so I had to scan the card. Thank you for taking a peek, I'm thrilled that I finished it in time to enter the challenge!

15 comments:

Lannae Johnson said...

Love your card and love that movie!

Nellie Mae said...

I love nostalgic Christmas scenes like this one!! Great job with the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Love the card!!!

Thank you for the comment about my blog layout!! I made it myself using some of my drawings so that it would reflect me :)

Anonymous said...

Again thank you :)

If you want to check out any of my other drawings you can take a look at my website Black Butterfly Stationary @ http://www.polkadot-stationary.com

Becky said...

Gorgeous card!!! I love it!

Picket said...

Hello friend...that card is gorgeous! I have always loved that movie..especially the version with young Natalie Woods..she was such a great actress! Thanks so much for coming by..hope all is well with you & yours and that you have a beautiful week!

Sankari W. said...

Wow Cassie - Awesome job on your first card EVER!!! I love the santa image of your card and the little wreath around him and the sentiment of "believe" what a great card! I am so glad that you joined us at Cinema Saturday challenges - they are so much fun and also such a great way to meet new people! I am so glad you joined and hope you will play along in these weekly challenges!!!

Best wishes always!
Sankari :)

Kathryn said...

This is so very BEAUTIFUL -- love the image so much! :)

The Muse said...

One of the best Christmas movies and yes, I believed you summed it up superbly!

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

This is a beautiful card, looks like it came from antique collectables. Gorgeous.

Sherri said...

ooo I love that old fashioned image - lovely!

zukesgirl said...

Very pretty - I cant believe it is your first! WOW!

Jules said...

Well this is a fabulous first card!!!
What a sweet image!
You should create more cards!
Beautiful!

Ann said...

This is my favorite part of the movie, too! Congrats on such a pretty first card! :D

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I love that card!! It's beautiful!!