Sunday, December 21, 2008

Grinch....Who Me?

I am quite upset with myself that I didn't order this in time to wear during my families Christmas dinner day! Next year it is ON! And when I get it, I'm going to Be-Dazzle it! My family isn't having our Christmas get together until the Saturday after Christmas! (insert sarcasm here) Oh happy, joy, joy! So, like Thanksgiving day, I will have Christmas day all to myself again! I called to see if the community dinner that is held, needs any volunteer drivers (to pick people up that don't have a ride) and they have enough. Can you believe it? "Sorry, we can't accept your offer to help out, we have enough volunteers already". Whaaaaat....can you ever have enough volunteers? Oh well, I tried!



Now, on to other bloggy things! Be sure and check out my post on giveaways! I have updated it ALOT over the last few days. You can't win, if you don't play! I always feel kind of weird signing up for giveaways if I am new to a blog. But besides being so completely kind and generous, isn't it kind of a bloggers way to make new friends, and attract new readers? What do you guys think?

I have been a complete slug today. I have not gotten one single productive thing done! I am off now to do up some dishes, and start supper. There is a movie on at 6pm that I was really excited about seeing, and I can't for the life of me remember what it is! Oh well, it's gonna be good I bet! I'm sure it is a Christmas movie. And I'll leave you with this last little moment from my day. I was out on the porch waiting for the dog to get down to business. I took these pictures of the door. It was all frosted over, but there was one thing that stood out! It looks like the shape of a bell! Now, I'm not someone who sees images in their oatmeal or anything, but you judge for yourself! I had been leaning against the door, which I'm sure caused the frost to melt.


So, am I seeing things? I hope that everyones weekend went very well! Have a good week!

8 comments:

Audrey said...

where did you find that t-shirt!! The Grinch is my husbands favorite christmas story - he would love the t-shirt.

Nicolle said...

I love the tshirt!!!

Before I even finished reading, I saw that picture and thought it was a bell. Very cool!! wow!

I'm sorry you couldn't find any volunteer stuff. I know it might sound creepy, but one year we took food to a man under a bridge. It made me feel good!

Merry Christmas. I'm so glad I "met" you on here! :)

Picket said...

Hey girl...great shirt! lol Oh and I thought it was a bell in the pic until you explained & what's wrong with seeing images in your oatmeal! lol Thanks so much for coming by and about making a whole cake just to have a slice..wellllll I have made TWO WHOLE ORANGE CAKES JUST THIS MONTH SO ME & BILL COULD JUST 'HAVE A SLICE' AS YOU SAY!!! lol Merry Christmas to you sweetie!

Cheri said...

Yep, I see a bell, too! My house has log walls, and my mom noticed when she visited that a large knot in one of the walls looked like a peacock with his tail feathers down. But to me it looks like Aladdin's lamp. HA! Our brains are funny things!

To answer your question about "happy lights": I presume they work (no one at our house has SAD) because they are in high demand here in Fairbanks, and most schools have one in either the nurse's office or counselor's office for kids who do have SAD. A true full-spectrum light gives off the same wavelengths of light as the sun.

The Muse said...

cant wait to see that Grinch bedazzled lol funny...and oh yes wear ti with pride :)
if you want to volunteer you can come here ...LOL

No seriously, I applaud you for looking to help others who truly need it :)

that says a great deal about you!...
and I DO SEE A BELL !

Anonymous said...

I think your bell looks artsy! If it was perfect it wouldn't look as nice!

Thanks for stopping by earlier, and biscuits and gravy for Christmas morning sound wonderful!

Merry Christmas from Florida---sending you warm wishes!

Dogwood Paper Arts said...

Thank you for stopping by the Great Christmas Giveaway and for posting a link at your site.

I love your grinch shirt - there are days this would have come in handy. I'd love to have worn something like this on the day I had to go in for surgery. It would have brought a smile to many faces.

Blessings,
Angelina

Pink Heels said...

This would be the perfect t-shirt for that special "Grinch" in my life.