Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Hits Keep On Coming!

Still being overjoyed that I won a fantastic pink bag today, I got some more good news. I went on a job interview last week, and it seemed to go very well. The ladies in the office were all laughing...chatting with each other...listening to Christmas music...they had snacks and coffee all over the place...everyone had jeans on; My kind of place to work! The woman that interviewed me was so nice, cheery, and seemed to really love working there. She told me that only 3 people had applied for the position, and they would be doing second interviews. I left there feeling pretty darn good about the whole thing! I mean, if only three people responded surely I was bound to get a second interview (especially since she TOLD me about it). I mean the only way I wouldn't is if I was a total nut job! Right? Then for a whole week....nothing....CRICKETS from the phone!

I was debating whether or not I should call them back today and ask if the position had been filled, when I got THE call! They called me and scheduled a second interview!! I mean, they didn't offer me a job or anything, but it's a heck of a lot closer than I have gotten in a VERY long time! Especially in this economy! It's not in the field that I have worked in for the last 20 years, so that concerns me a little. I have not one drop of experience directly related to this field, but it seems interesting, fun, and they actually give you a paycheck! Awwww, to have a paycheck again! My interview isn't until the 23rd, so I'll have to sweat it out until then. I am seriously ready to get started like YESTERDAY though!

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

11 comments:

cathleen said...

Oh, my good luck on your interview...maybe they will tell you that day and that would, surely, make a very nice Christmas gift for you!

Ann On and On... said...

Keep being you...they liked what they saw and heard! Congrats!!!

Ann On and On... said...

I saw that you congratulated the winner of my contest....I like nice people. I want to send you a little something. Could you email me your address....? amerskine@hotmail.com

Good things happen to good people!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Hi Cassie!
Just been surfing your blog and enjoying it...

BTW, I LOVE Bocelli...look on Youtube for a song he does called Chiara...amazing.

Nice finding you. ;-)

Jay

Catherine Holman said...

Good luck with the job and thanks for stopping by!
Catherine

Jeanne Estridge said...

Came in from SITS and after reading your Sitsmas post (and watching that great video) wanted to read more.

Good luck with the job interview. I got laid off in mid-November and scored a new job yesterday -- start in January -- in a field I've never worked in either.

I have good vibes for this job for you!

Nicolle said...

I wish you lots of luck with the interview! That sounds like a great place to work. I wish all work environments were like that! Keep us updated.

I have not tried to Dreamfields Pasta. I am going to check it out now. That would be awesome! Yes, pasta has been our hardest thing to give up. We love to use spaghetti squash....but it's expensive!

Oh, and I bought that Dawn dish detergent that you blogged about. I see what you mean - it's fabulous!

Hvae a great day!

niartist said...

Hey Cassie,
Good Luck on your second interview! And thanks for stopping by. I'm a little worried that I too will grow tired of the antler motif, and they are so expensive. I like your idea of the mirrors, but they wouldn't really reflect anything interesting stacked on my mantle ... just the french doors to the hallway. I'm keeping my eyes open, I changed the drapes in the dining room this year to something much more graceful, and clean. They're a silk in a linen and sage color. Beautiful ... so I really wanna lighten that mantle piece up. Who knows what I'll dream up next! LOL! Oh, and the mantle and tree for the living room are in a separate post, along with the dining room tree and floral decor. I hope you had a chance to stop by those posts too!

Kath Stewart said...

Good luck with the second interview and think positive thoughts....I am rooting for you gal
Hugs
kath
xxxxx

The Muse said...

Oh I am so filled with HOPE !!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Hello Cassie, good luck with your interview hun. I have to say your decorations look fabulous!! i love your skinny tree, its amazing! thank you for entering my blog candy, and good luck. Hope you have an enjoyable christmas, hugs linda