Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Morning Routine - Interrupted (yeah)!

My morning started out just like any other. First, I woke up freezing and realized that I am probably getting sick with the Grand Master of all colds. This is normal this time of year for me, I am ALWAYS sick for Christmas! It usually creeps up on me slowly, then is full force by about 2-3 days before Christmas. By the time we are eating leftovers from the "Big" dinner, I'm coming back around, so I can't complain too much.

I hopped out of bed, and put my usual 3 layers of warm clothes on. Made Coffee and stood there holding my cup waiting for enough to drip through so I could pour a respectable amount. I watched the news for a half hour, then went and turned the computer on and made my bed while it was coming to life.

I logged in to my email (I like to see first thing in the morning if any of you lovelies have left me a comment over night), and I started sifting through it (yeah Dot left a comment, that means she might have a new post!). WRENCH! Pennies In My Pocket? "I follow Melodies blog, but I don't think I subscribed to an email newsletter thingy" (that's what I said to myself). Well, let me tell you....... I WON her Land's End Giveaway! Out the door went the rest of the morning routine. I of course emailed her straight away, went to her blog to comment my great BIG Thank YOU! Ran back over here to my blog to leave a post about my HAPPY HAPPY news. Updated my Giveaway post, ran and told the dog he would have to wait just a few minutes to go outside, ran and got more coffee, ran back in here to finish this post.......

We had our choice of 1 of 3 prizes. A lovely sweater, some shoes, or a duffel bag (on wheels). I chose the duffel bag (in PINK). I have always looked at pink luggage in the stores, and always walk away empty handed. I figure it is a luxury item since I already have a perfectly intact carry on (in a manly ugly hunter green and black color), and will wait until I have a "looser" budget to get a pink piece of luggage. So, here is the bag! I can't wait to get it!


You should go check out Melodie's blog if you haven't already. I'm a new follower there, but it looks like a nice blog to find some good deals, coupons, and quite a few giveaways!

I hope that everyone is having a wonderful week. Thank you for stopping by!

6 comments:

Nicolle said...

Hi Cassie. Congrats on winning. That is so cool and I love the luggage.

I hope you get better! That stinks to be sick at Christmas. I always overdose on Vitamin C when I start getting sick.

....and you make your bed each morning?! You are much better than me. I can have a perfect house, but the bed always is the last thing to be taken care of! :))

B said...

I have to tell you that I love your background. The gradient colouring and yes, even the snowflakes though I'm in hate with snow right now. It's pretty.

Cammie said...

I seriously love me some Lands End....congrats on winning! Hoping you feel better by next week!

Jodi Nelson said...

What great PINK luggage! Congrats!

The Muse said...

Oh no, I truly hate to hear you are getting sick:(
Please take care of yourself...I want you to have a fab Christmas...
and you WON...well goodness you are off to a grand start!

Dawn said...

Wow fab prize Cassie - Well Done!