Sunday, December 14, 2008

Cinema Saturday: Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone

The challenge this week over at Cinema Saturday is to create a card using Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone as the inspiration. I am still in need of a few more Christmas cards, so I decided to transfigure Harry into a snowman. I drew inspiration from the things he learned straight away once he arrived at Hogwarts. He is dressed in his Gryffindor colors of red and gold, which he was very happy to be a part of, and considered other members of his house as friends and some as family. He is holding his flying broom, which he had quite a talent at using. Due to his talent, he became the youngest Seeker ever at Hogwart's. I made the snowflakes out of gold foil to symbolize the Golden Snitch, but they just didn't scan properly. And finally, I threw in the green corners to represent the Slytherin House, which Harry did NOT want to have any part of!

Thank you for looking at my card this week. If you haven't checked out Cinema Saturday, head on over there! It really is a lot of fun, and they give you a picture clue on Friday as to what the movie will be!

15 comments:

Amy, Ottawa, Canada said...

Okay, firstly, snowman with glasses, HILARIOUS. Wonderful card, love the scarf too. TFS, Amy.

Sharon said...

Very Cute Card!

Ann said...

Too cute! Love the glasses and scarf--just perfect for Harry! :D

Ann On and On... said...

I love your blog... I jumped over from your comment on my blog. The Christmas song/words...good choice.

Off to check out Cinema Saturday.

:D

Unknown said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog and entering my giveaway! It took me many years to learn to crochet and I'm finally able to follow some of the more difficult patterns. :) Just keep at it and you'll figure it out. :)

Denise Grover Swank said...

Lovin' the card and I love that it doesn't *scream* Harry Potter! Cute!

Thanks for entering my giveaway!

Lannae Johnson said...

I love it - quite imaginative!

Sankari W. said...

OH my GOSH!!! SOOO SUPER cute!! LOVe this Cassie - it is totally super creative and that snowman is just the cutest ever!!! love it!
thanks so much for playing along in our weekly challenges! love seeing all of your creations!!
best wishes,
sankari :)

The Muse said...

i know he wears those eyeglasses! LOL...so cute!

Dawn said...

aww I love your "Harry" Snowman!
So cute!!

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Tiffany said...

Cute card!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! You won my Lands' End GIVEAWAY!! CONGRATS!!

Please email me your full name and mailing address as soon as you can. You have until Sunday, Dec. 21, 2008 11:59pm PST to claim the prize.

my email address:
melody at penniesinmypocket.net

So happy for you!! I'm jealous that I got the black instead of the pink duffle bag that you want! :)

~melody~

Picket said...

Oh that is too cute girl! I have never seen a snowman with glasses and love the way each little thing has a meaning connected to Harry Potter! Hope all is well on your side of the mountain and that you are having a great week!

Brooke S said...

What a cute snowman.. I totally love him... I think my kids made a real one just like him years ago... We are so glad you have join us in this challenge.. Hope you have a great Holiday Season.
Hugs
Brooke

Jeanne Estridge said...

Love it! Very Potter, but subtle.

Nice work!