Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree...

Some of you may remember that my camera quit working on Thanksgiving. Well.....it's fixed! For now! Who fixed it you ask...me! I fixed it the same way that I fix my computer, VCR, DVD player, toaster, printer....I remove all of the screws, jiggle any parts that I can get my fingers on, blow REALLY hard on it, put it back together, then put it back together again (using all of the bits and pieces that were originally on it), and hit the reset button if there is one! It works occasionally, and it did this time!

So, over at Tip Junkie they are having a Christmas Tree Contest. Now, I did not put up a tree this year. There you have it. I did however sneak my tree over to Mom's and put it up while she was at work. She has a very small house, and her artificial tree is absolutely gigantic! I have an artificial pencil tree, so I plopped it up onto her end table so that it wouldn't take up any floor space. I dug and dug in the basement until I found a couple of boxes of her decorations, and used them on it. So here it is. Next year I will most likely do my regular decorations!

The tree with camera flash and without camera flash. The Angel on top is WAY too big for my skinny little tree, but Mom always wants an Angel, so I used hers.

Her nurse ornaments that I used (she's a nurse).

This is her old world Santa.

This is her Scherenschnitte Angel that she made many years ago. When she moved to California I stored it for her. She didn't want it to get ruined. I had never gotten around to giving it back to her (oops!) when she moved back. I snuck it back into her house, and thank goodness I didn't destroy it while I had it all of those years! It took her 2 days to find it!

This is one of my favorite Christmas decorations. Since I wasn't doing much in the decorating department, I brought it over to Mom's.

I hope that everyones week is going great! It is icy and cold here! I'm hoping for a thaw out this weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so festive.! Enjoyed to see your Christmas decorations.

cherry said...

I love that tree! I am glad your camara got fixed! Merry christmas!

Nicolle said...

Very pretty. I love the skinny tree. That was sweet of you to put it up at your mom's.

I hope you get some warmer weather. Ummm, I'm not rubbing it in, but it's going to be in the 70's here today. BUT, I would love to have a little snow. Not likely in Texas!

Have a good weekend! :)

Tony@ That One Paticular Harbor said...

Very nice decorating. Best wishes wit the 2nd interview. Thanks for visiting my site. BTW the St. John picture is taken in a villa pool above Rendezvous Bay right above where the Westin is. Makes us want to go back for our 9th time! Have you ever been to the Willy T? Thanks again.

tascha said...

I love the skinny tree!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Wow you have beautiful decorations!!

Jay

The Muse said...

LOL...was she blown away by the surprise? How nice of you!